Moving house can be a stressful time and it’s often the small things that can get overlooked or forgotten.
Utilise our handy checklists to ensure your household removal goes smoothly and to be fully prepared for when our removal truck arrives.
For your convenience you have the option to print our checklist for easy reference, or email the link direct to your inbox.
Remove all jewellery, coins, stamps, cheque books, keys from drawers (desk, filing cabinet etc).
Put in a safe place to go with you, these items cannot be taken by the removalist.
- Secure all internal components ready to transport for all white goods. (fridge, freezer, washing machine, dryer etc)
- Remove dust bag from vacuum cleaner.
- Remove lint from washing machine filter.
- Clean and towel dry the inside of your fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
- Dismantle pre-fabricated computer desks.
- Remove hooks from fishing lines.
- Drain fuel and oil from lawn mowers, edgers, whipper-snippers.
- Dispose of all unsealed liquids.
- Drain liquid from evaporative air-cooler.
- Dispose of all pressure pack cans, flammable fluids, matches.
- Empty gas cylinder from BBQ (check with your local garage).
- Clean BBQ surface and surrounds of grease.
- Dismantle swing-sets, play-gyms, trampolines (put nuts and bolts in a safe place).
- Wash out rubbish bins and wheel barrows.
- Remove pumps, water bottles, batteries etc from push bikes.
- Empty and hose out compost bins.
- Drain garden hoses.
- Clean and spray dog kennels, empty and clean fish tanks, bird cages.
- Do not over-water plants.
- Leave the cleaning of rugs until after your move.